- Home and project directories on the EMC Isilon NAS (/user and /projects) are backed up to an offsite storage system by UB's Enterprise Infrastructure Services team.
- Incremental backups occur daily.
- Backups are retained for ONE MONTH.
NO OTHER USER DATA IS BACKED UP. This includes data residing in /tmp or /scratch on ANY server or compute node and the budget storage data space. See this article for details on storage options
- Faculty interested in backups of servers owned by their research group should contact the CCR staff for backup schedule and fee information.
- Every effort will be made to retrieve requested data files from the backups, however we do not guarantee that the data can be recovered. We strongly recommend you keep copies of your important data on your personal machine or external disk.
- To request a file or directory be restored from backup tape, please submit a ticket to CCR help
Please note there is NO BACKUP OF ANYTHING IN THE LAKE EFFECT RESEARCH CLOUD!