Once you've requested and been granted an account on the Lake Effect cloud, you will be able to login in one of two ways. Your username and password for Lake Effect are the same as your CCR username and password. However, you will be provided with an "account" name - this is generally your PI group name, project name, or other group you might be associated with. You will be provided with this information when you are informed that your cloud account is ready.
There are two different ways to manage your CCR cloud access:
1. Using the Eucalyptus web console - simplifies management of your account, instances, and volumes
2. Using Euca2ools - traditional Linux command-line tools provided by Eucalyptus
- To install euca2ools locally on your linux host follow the instructions found here
- Make sure to follow the instructions for downloading the necessary credentials from your cloud account to use euca2ools
- The command line tools provide much more access to the cloud than the web GUI does but they are best used for advanced users familiar with the Amazon cloud environment
- Check out the HPE Eucalyptus documentation for loads of info about the euca2ools capabilities