Coldfront Login

To request a new allocation for a resource, click on the Request Resource Allocation button in the Project Description Detail.  A list of resources you potentially have access to will be displayed.  

UB-HPC = academic cluster (available to all UB faculty, their students & collaborators)

Project Storage = additional storage you can purchase if you require more than the initial 1TB CCR provides for free

Lake Effect = research cloud allocations

Cloud Storage = additional storage you can purchase for the Lake Effect research cloud if you require more than the initial storage included with your allocation

Software licenses = there are many options for software licenses.  Most of them will require you to agree to the terms of the license.  If you do not then you can cancel out of the request process by clicking the "back to project" button

Select the resource you'd like access to and provide a justification for access to that resource.  Then select the users on your project that you'd like to have access to this allocation.  Click the Submit button when done.

Your allocation will now display on your Project Detail page with a status of "New"  

Once verified and approved by CCR, the status will be changed to "Active" and you will have access to that resource.

Project Review:

 If you have not completed the project review in the last 365 days, you will be required to do this first, before requesting any new allocations.  You will see this error:

More information about the project review process can be found here

I want access to a resource that isn't in my list!

If there is a resource you think you should have access to but it's not on the list, please submit a CCR help ticket.  If you would like access to a departmental server or colleague's cluster, the PI responsible for the resource may need to request the allocation for you.

PIs with departmental clusters:

If you would like a colleague to have access to your resource, please submit a help ticket to request this.  It's important that you let us know if that colleague is allowed to add users from their research group to your cluster.  You will not be able to see any allocations or users that are added if this access is given.  If you have questions, please contact CCR help.

Departmental servers:

If you have authority to request access to departmental servers that CCR maintains, you should see that listed in your list of resources.  If you do not, please email ccr-help.

Cloud Subscriptions:

Please note that cloud allocations may take a little longer to process.  We require payment in advance, or at least the UB payment process must be started.  Please see this article for more details