These instructions are for the new renewal wizard. If you are using Internet Explorer, you will see the old wizard. Instructions for that can be found here but we recommend you use Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge for a better experience.
Faculty are required to renew their CCR accounts and update their project information yearly. This is a short but extremely important process. Faculty will receive email reminders that their UB-HPC subscription is expiring at 60 and 30 days before expiration and then weekly until the date of expiration. Faculty can click on the link in the email to go directly to the renewal page in Coldfront, or they can click on the Renew Subscription button on the project detail page.
NOTE: To get to the project detail page, login to Coldfront and then click the name of your project. Scroll down to the Subscriptions section and you will see the Renew Subscription button
Step 1: Update Project Information
If you are a long time CCR user, your project information may not be up-to-date or we may not have had any information saved for your group. You will be required to update this info and the project title before you can move to the next step. Make any changes to the title or description of your project and click the Update button next to the appropriate field.
The field of science list is taken from the National Science Foundation. Please only use the "other" category if your field isn't on the NSF list. These categories are very important for our reports to UB's administration.
When your updates are complete click the "Next" button or click on the Users tab.
Step 2 - Verify the current users on your subscription
Step 2 provides you a list of all active users that have access to the resource you're renewing the subscription for. For example, if you are renewing a subscription for UB-HPC, you will see only the users you've given access to the academic cluster. There are a few things you can do on this tab:
- You can choose to keep the user accounts active (do nothing) or remove the user from your group. To remove the user from your group, click the checkbox next to their name(s), then click the red "Remove Selected Users" button. You will be asked if you want to remove the user from just this subscription or from your whole project. Please note "remove user" only disables a user's CCR account. All data remains in tact. If a user is in multiple PI or class groups, the account is only removed from the your group and the account is left active.
Give 'manager' access to your project to one or more of your users by selecting the drop down menu under the Role column and changing it to Manager. Details on what access this provides a user on your project can be found here
Turn off notifications for each user (except managers and PIs). Notifications are sent to all users regarding subscription expirations, requests, activations, etc. More details on notifications
To add a new user to your group, click the blue "Add Project User" button. You will be prompted to search for a UB username. Click the checkbox next to the user you want to add and click either the button to add the user to all your subscriptions or just to the subscription you're renewing:
NOTE: if the user does not have a UB account, you will need to submit a ticket to CCR help requesting that we add the account manually.
Once you've made all the changes you want to the users tab, click the "Next" button or click on the Grants tab.
Step 3 - Grants
Step 3 displays a list of all the grant information you have associated with your project. It's important to let us know if you have any grants that include CCR so that we can provide your group a priority boost. See this article for more details
In this step you can:
- Edit previously entered grant information by clicking on the pencil to the right of the grant you want to update. A new window will open with all of the grant data you've previously provide. Make the changes you'd like and click the "Save Grant" button
- Remove a grant(s) from the project by clicking the checkbox next to the grant and clicking the "Remove Selected Grants" button. You will be prompted to confirm this decision.
- Add new grant information by clicking the "Add Grant" button. A new window will open for you to fill out the grant information. More details on this can be found in this article
Once you verify that your information is correct and click the "Next" button or click on the Publications tab.
Step 4 - Publications
Step 4 of the renewal process displays a list of all publications that you've added to your project. This information is helpful to us for reporting back to the UB administration. We recommend you only include publications that are relevant to work that you did with CCR resources but you're certainly welcome to include all of your publications.
In this step you can:
- Edit previously entered publicatoin information by clicking on the pencil to the right of the entry you want to update. A new window will open with all of the publication data previously provided. Make the changes you'd like and click the "Save Publication" button
- Remove a publication(s) from the project by clicking the checkbox next to the entry you want removed and then click the "Remove Selected Publications" button. You will be prompted to confirm this decision.
- Add new publication information by clicking one of the import option buttons. A new window will open for you to fill out the publication information, depending on which option you chose. More details on these import options can be found in this article.
Once you verify that your information is correct and click the "Next" button or click on the Acknowledge tab.
Step 5 - Confirm Renewal
The final step is for you to check the box confirming that you've verified your project information. Click the "Finish" button to complete the renewal process.
After completing the renewal process, you will be returned to the project detail page and this message will be displayed:
You will notice that your original UB-HPC subscription has disappeared and a new subscription has been created for the next year. The new subscription will be in a pending status until approved by the CCR administration. However, please note that this will NOT affect your ability to login to CCR resources, run jobs, and work as normal. The only time we will suspend access or the ability to run jobs will be if a PI does not renew his/her account by the deadline.
Please submit a ticket if you completed the renewal process and did not see the above message in the green banner and there is no pending subscription.
The CCR Director or Associate Director review all pending renewal requests and approve or deny them. You will see the status of your subscription change:
Once the subscription is approved by the CCR Director, system administrators will activate it and you'll see the status changed to Active:
If a PI does not renew their UB-HPC subscription by the due date annually, all users in the group will be blocked from running jobs on the cluster. Renewals can be done beginning 90 days before the subscription expires so as to provide you with plenty of time to complete the process. If you have an extenuating circumstance making it impossible to renew on time, please contact CCR help via the help portal to request an extension.
Once a subscription has been expired for 60 days, users in that group will no longer be able to login to the cluster. Accounts will be deactivated and data will be archived. Please renew on time so as to avoid this inconvenience.