When trying to use the 'kinit' command, this error is returned:
'kinit: Unknown credential cache type while getting default ccache'
This error has been traced back to several versions of Anaconda python. They conflict with the Kerberos installed on our systems.
Recommended Solutions or Workarounds:
- Unload any python modules you may have loaded and try again.
- Do NOT load modules in your .bashrc file
- Do NOT add anaconda python directories to your environment path in your .bashrc
- Use the transfer server as this does not load modules
- If you're using kinit to change your password, use the identity management portal: https://idm.ccr.buffalo.edu
- If you're using kinit to check your quota, use the allocation management portal: https://coldfront.ccr.buffalo.edu