This app will launch a MATLAB GUI on a single node in the UB-HPC cluster. You will be able to interact with the MATLAB GUI through a VNC session. The longest allowable wall time for these nodes is 72 hours in the general-compute partition and 1 hour in the debug partition.
- Slurm Account: Your default Slurm account will be used if nothing else is entered. To see what Slurm accounts you have access to, use the 'slimits' command in a terminal window.
- Partition: Use the drop-down bar to make a selection for partition. To get more details about the partitions in the academic cluster click here.
- QOS: Quality of Service value - this will be the same as partition unless you have access to a QOS priority boost. More info can be found here.
- MATLAB Version: Select the version of Matlab you'd like to run
- Number of hours: Most partitions have a max walltime of 72 hours. Debug partition max=1 hour.
In this example, we've started up MATLAB version R2019b. Once you click the Launch button, you will be redirected to the session information where you can see the status of the job. This one is queued:
When a session is ready to launch, it will look like this in the Interactive Sessions section of CCR OnDemand:
Click on the blue "Launch MATLAB" button and you will see your desktop window on the node you've been allocated:
You are now logged into a node in the CCR academic cluster running Matlab. You can begin your work!