- UB faculty new to CCR: Faculty account creation is a three step process. Step-by-step instructions can be found here
NOTE: This is for UB faculty only! Students, staff, and external collaborators must get the support of a UB faculty member to receive access to CCR!
- Please use the identity management portal to create a CCR account. Step-by-step instructions can be found here.
- Once account is created & activated, request an account upgrade to change your account status to a PI.
- When your status is upgraded to 'PI,' you must create a new project in the subscription management portal, Coldfront, and request a subscription to the resources (clusters, storage, servers, etc) you want access to:
- UB faculty - current CCR users: If you are a faculty member who already has a CCR account, please login to the subscription management portal, Coldfront, to add or modify accounts for your staff and students. Instructions can be found here. If you forgot your password you can change it in the identity management portal.
- UB students must be working for a UB faculty member that will sponsor them for a CCR account or be taking a class that requires use of the CCR resources. If you qualify for an account, please use the identity management portal to create one for yourself. Step-by-step instructions can be found here. Once you've completed the account creation process, please contact the faculty member or course instructor who is sponsoring your account. He/she should utilize the subscription management portal, Coldfront, and add you to their project. Instructions can be found here. Although we now offer users the ability to create a CCR account for themselves, we must verify a new user's status before allowing them access to CCR resources. This is done when a faculty member adds the user to a project and gives them access to a resource subscription. Faculty can do this 24 hours a day; however, it is your responsibility to contact your sponsor and request that he/she adds you to their project.
- Non-UB Researchers: You must be affiliated with a current UB faculty or staff member or receive special permission from the CCR Director in order to receive a CCR account. Please contact CCR Help and include your contact information, a description of your research, the name of the UB faculty member sponsoring you, and the reason(s) why you require access to CCR resources. Access is granted on a case-by-case basis.
Modified on: Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 9:54 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.