- UB faculty new to CCR: Faculty account creation is a three step process. Step-by-step instructions can be found here
NOTE: This is for UB faculty only! Students, staff, and external collaborators must get the support of a UB faculty member to receive access to CCR!
- Please use the identity management portal to create a CCR account. Step-by-step instructions can be found here.
- Once account is created & activated, request an account upgrade to change your account status to a PI.
- When your status is upgraded to 'PI,' you must create a new project in the allocation management portal, Coldfront, and request an allocation to the resources (clusters, storage, servers, etc) you want access to:
- UB faculty - current CCR users: If you are a faculty member who already has a CCR account, please login to the allocation management portal, Coldfront, to add or modify accounts for your staff and students. Instructions can be found here. If you forgot your password you can change it in the identity management portal. New CCR users must create themselves an account first, following the instructions here. Once created, you will be able to search for their username in Coldfront and add them to your project and allocation(s).
- UB students must be working for a UB faculty member that will sponsor them for a CCR account or be taking a class that requires use of the CCR resources. If you qualify for an account, please use the identity management portal to create one for yourself. Step-by-step instructions can be found here. Once you've completed the account creation process, please contact the faculty member or course instructor who is sponsoring your account. He/she should utilize the allocation management portal, Coldfront, and add you to their project. Instructions can be found here. Although we now offer users the ability to create a CCR account for themselves, we must verify a new user's status before allowing them access to CCR resources. This is done when a faculty member adds the user to a project and gives them access to a resource allocation. Faculty can do this 24 hours a day; however, it is your responsibility to contact your sponsor and request that he/she adds you to their project.
- Non-UB Researchers: You must be affiliated with a current UB faculty or receive special permission from the CCR Director in order to receive a CCR account. If you are affiliated with a UB faculty member, they will request an account on your behalf. If you are not, please contact CCR Help and include your contact information, a description of your research, and the reason(s) why you require access to CCR resources. Access is granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Roswell Park Researchers: RPCI enjoys a unique agreement with UB and employees are able to access most of CCR's resources. Please see this page to determine if you quality and for instructions for requesting access.
- Industry Partners: Please send an email to ccr-help @ buffalo.edu requesting a new group account. You will be contacted when the initial account is setup and you'll be required to provide information about your project at that time. You can also use the red support tab on the left of the browser window to submit a help ticket. Please list your full name, email address, and company address, and phone number.
Modified on: Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 3:14 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.