WebMO will be offline for updates on Tuesday, September 27, 2016.
WEBMO VERSION 17 RELEASED - NOW JAVA-FREE!
WebMO 17 has been re-written in HTML5 and is entirely java-free. The WebMO Editor/Viewer is now much faster, runs on all modern web browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge, Explorer on Windows, OS X, Linux), has a cleaner interface, and is integrated with the free WebMO mobile app (iOS, Android).
New features in WebMO version 17 include:
* HTML5 (java-free) editor/viewer
* Compatible with all modern web browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge, IE)
* Supports access by free Apple and Android WebMO mobile apps
* New integrated user and administrator documentation
* Simplified atom selection (click each atom; no more shift-clicking)
* Support for MOPAC16 and PSI4
* Enhanced Periodic Boundary Condition editor/viewer for solids
* Import of mineral structures from American Mineralogist database
* Bug fixes
WEBMO iOS AND ANDROID APPS
The WebMO mobile apps for Apple iOS and Android devices are free! They can be installed from the
The mobile WebMO apps provide equivalent features including:
* Standalone molecular editing, optimization, symmetry, and orbital calculations
* Integrated web lookup of molecular properties, spectra, and data
* Access to WebMO servers (Free, Pro, and Enterprise versions of WebMO 16 and higher)
The WebMO apps supports all chemistry courses by calculating and displaying:
* VSEPR structures for General Chemistry
* 3-D structures to replace model kits for Organic Chemistry
* Data and properties for Analytical Chemistry
* Point group and symmetry elements for Inorganic Chemistry
* Small proteins and biomolecules for Biochemistry
* Molecular orbitals and vibrations for Physical Chemistry
* WebMO calculations for undergraduate and graduate level Research
Your students can use WebMO on their smartphones and tablets today for free!
WebMO 17 includes completely new user and administration documentation. The documentation is comprehensive, task-oriented, and amply illustrated.
Novice and experienced users are now provided with detailed instructions on:
* Quickstart Tutorial
* Building Molecules
* Running Jobs
* Visualizing Results
* WebMO Calculations
* Obtaining Molecular Information
* Job Management
* User Profile
* Enterprise Features
* Maintaining WebMO
You can view the new WebMO documentation at